Help to reskill and upskill your staff
In addition to apprenticeships, a number of local training providers offer Work Place Learning services that, subject to eligibility criteria, are also free or subsidised (government funded).
If your employees are looking to gain their first Level 2 (equivilent to 5 GCSEs) or 3 qualification, they might be entitled to this government funding to do so – the training provider will be able to confirm. You may also be able to get wage compensation if your business has fewer than 50 staff, subject to funding being available.
For your employees already in managerial roles the Solent Leadership Academy delivers flexible, high quality Level 4 & 5 Management and Leadership qualifications through a higher apprenticeship model. Courses are subsidised by the Solent Local Enterprise Partnership and Higher Apprenticeship funding but employers are expected to contribute towards the costs of the training.
See below for an introduction to the locally available training provision:
- Centre of Excellence in Engineering & Manufacturing Advanced Skills Training (CEMAST) is based on the Solent Enterprise Zone at Daedalus and run by Fareham College. CEMAST offers world class engineering facilities with Level 1-3, BTEC and HND courses in automotive (motor vehicle engineering; automotive engineering; motor accident repair; vehicle fitting; and motor sport) and engineering (manufacturing; marine; aerospace; electrical/electronic; and mechanical). Its apprenticeship partners include BAE Systems, Sapphire, Britten Norman, NATS, Vector Aerospace, GE Aviation, Virgin Atlantic, Turbomeca and Coopervision. Fareham College can also deliver corporate training tailored to your business needs.
- To find out more contact Jane Lamer on 01329 815241 or email email@example.com
- Fareham College offers a wide range of apprenticeships, plus corporate training to help businesses improve their productivity and performance. Tailored training solutions can be delivered at your premises, with up to 3 units of business improvement techniques on offer to eligible companies. Each unit costs from £15 to £50 per person and there are 10 to choose from.
- To find out more about Business Improvement Techniques training contact Stephanie Parker on 07557 515608 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fareport delivers intermediate and advanced apprenticeships, including higher apprenticeships, as well as work place learning qualifications. Subject areas include business administration (Levels 2-4); customer service (Levels 2 and 3); retail (including retail management and sales professional); team leading and management (Levels 2,3 and 5); warehousing and storage; and health and social care. Fareport can also deliver first aid, health and safety, and manual handling courses; plus bespoke training packages on request.
- To find out more contact Sandra Chatwood on 01329 825805 or email email@example.com
- Paragon Skills for Industry offers apprenticeships and work based learning qualifications (with potential funding subsidies) in subject areas including business administration; health and social care; child care; customer service; distribution and warehousing; engineering; hairdressing; hospitality and catering, motor; nad retail. It can also offer specialist courses in bespoke training; health and safety; health and social care; and leadership and management
- To find out more contact Paragon on 01329 822886 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Solent Leadership Academy is a partnership between Fareham College, Fareport Training and the Solent Local Enterprise Partnership. Its courses have been developed specifically for employees who are already working in managerial roles and looking to develop their skills and gain a recognised qualification, in order to aid career progression and take on greater responsibility in the workplace. See the Employer Fact Sheet for more details. Courses are subsidised by the Solent Local Enterprise Partnership and Higher Apprenticeship funding but employers are expected to contribute towards the costs of the training. However discounted rates are available for group bookings made on behalf of their employees.
- To find out more contact Claire Froggatt on 02393 877 693 or email email@example.com
- St Vincent College in addition to GCSEs, A Levels and apprenticeships, also offers vocational work-based learning NVQs and BTECs in Gosport. It currently has over 2,500 adult students annually accessing training and/or development, from entry level to Levels 1-5 qualifications. As a result it has developed very strong partnerships with local employers and businesses providing training and bespoke programmes for their staff. Funding is also potentially available to support some qualification and non-accredited programmes.
- To find out more contact St Vincent College on 023 9258 8311 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay in touch with us…
02392 545 425