Advice and support for employing, recruiting and training staff
Gosport’s Employer Offer
For an introduction and overview of the locally available advice and support see Gosport’s Employer Offer – an initiative by Gosport Borough Council and supported by the Gosport Employment and Skills Partnership (network of local employment support organisations, training providers and education establishments). In addition to links to online information it also provides details for a local named contact for you to approach to get assistance.
For online resources and information provided by the Government and other national agencies to help you employ, recruit and train see the following:
An A-Z guide provided by the Government includes
- Employing people for the first time
- Employment law and regulation
- Employment contracts
- Employing children
Or also see the related content on the Government’s Great Business website.
Recruiting Staff, including apprentices and trainees
The Government’s Great Business website also provides an introduction to recruiting and hiring staffplus information on:
- Taking on an apprentice or a trainee including details of the funding available for training plus Apprenticeship Grant for Employers
- Support from Job Centre Plus including advertising your vacancy for free via Universal Jobmatch and the Small Business Recruitment Service helpline
- Using a recruitment agency