Help to recruit people with the right skills
Jobcentre Plus, employment support organisations, training providers and education establishments operating in Gosport can provide funded pre-employment training and temporary placements to help you recruit effectively. See also Recruit Apprentices and Trainees for information on other related schemes.
- Work Trial means you can try out a potential employee for FREE before offering them a job. This is offered by Jobcentre Plus if the job is for 16 hours or more a week. The trial can last up to 30 days and there are no wage costs to you, as people continue to get their benefits. In addition the individuals can get travel expenses and access to a flexible support fund e.g. for a uniform or other work related expenses.
- Work Experience is open to people of all ages who don’t have any recent work history. Placements last between 2 and 8 weeks and businesses of any size can be a host. Jobcentre Plus can also help you become a work experience host to provide a positive experience of work for jobseekers and develop local talent and skills. There is no cost to your business, as the individuals will continue to have their benefits paid; and Jobcentre Plus will also cover the costs of travel and childcare.
- Both of the above are managed locally by the Jobcentre Plus Gosport office and to find out more about either contact Val Toole on 023 9220 2020 or via email
- The Solent Jobs Programme is a Southampton and Portsmouth City Deal and European Social Fund (ESF) funded programme that supports people who have been unemployed for a period of time but are keen to get back into work
- Gosport is one of the target areas and local businesses are being sought to provide two week work trials and placements of up to six months for those assessed to be work ready
- The placements are cost free to the business and the individual will be paid the living wage for up to 25 hours a week by the placement agency. Therefore you can try out a potential employee before filling a vacancy
- Businesses will be provided with CVs to assist with interview selection and can access ongoing support during the placement. In addition to pre-employment support that includes obtaining job specific qualifications such as Food Hygiene or a Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) card, the individuals will also be supported during the placement
02392 545 425