Gosport – a home for your business
The diverse range of local, national and multi-national companies that already have their home here include:
- Britten Norman – the UK’s only privately owned civil aircraft manufacturer has a base at the Solent Enterprise Zone at Daedalus. Its aircraft are in daily use with some 500 companies and organisations in over 120 countries.
- Crewsaver – is a manufacturer of lifejackets and other safety equipment. Now part of the multinational Survitec Group, it was a supplier for sailing, triathlon and canoeing marker buoys to the London 2012 Olympics and supplies lifejackets for the Alex Thomson Racing Team on Hugo Boss.
- Huhtamaki – a Finish company that is one of the world’s largest packaging companies and its UK manufacturing and sales sites are based in Gosport.
- North Sails – the world’s leader in making sails for one-design and Olympic classes and it also manufactures more cruising sails than any sailmaker in the world. Its sails are used by Volvo Ocean Race teams and America’s Cup defenders and challengers. It has operations in 29 countries with its UK HQ in Gosport.
- QinetiQ – a world leading defence technology and security company based at Haslar Marine Technology Park. Its facilities in Gosport include Europe’s largest ocean basin – the size of 16 Olympic swimming pools – where scale models of the new UK aircraft carriers Queen Elizabeth II and Prince of Wales have undergone trials to ensure their stability and handling.
- Selden Masts – is the UK production operation of the Seldén Group – the world’s leading manufacturer of masts, spars and rigging systems in carbon and aluminium for dinghies, keelboats and yachts.
- Smurfit Kappa – is one of the leading producers of paper-based packaging in the world. In Gosport it designs and manufactures printed packaging and point-of-sale solutions.
- STS Defence – a Gosport based SME providing through-life manufacturing and engineering services to international defence, aerospace and maritime markets.
- StandardAero/Vector Aerospace – is a world wide leader in helicopter and fixed wing engine repair and overhaul. It has two divisions at Fleetlands in Gosport – Helicopter and Engine Services.
With available existing premises, business centres and new commercial developments coming forward on industrial estates, business parks and development sites there is room for your business to have a home here too. To find it see Find the Right Gosport Premises and Major Developments.