Gosport Headline Statistics
- Total population: 85,500 (ONS Population Estimates 2017)
- Population aged 16-64: 52,600 (ONS Population Estimates 2017)
- Economically active: 41,500 (ONS Annual Population Survey 2017)
- Registered unemployed: 950 or 1.8% (ONS Claimant Count May 2019)
- Number of employees: 20,000 (ONS BRES 2018)
- Number of businesses: 1,925 enterprises and 2,355 local units (ONS IDBR 2018)
For more detailed information on the local economy of Gosport and the rest of Hampshire please see the Hampshire County Council website for data collected and published by Hampshire County Council.
Gosport Labour Market Profile
The Office for National Statistics’ NOMIS website provides access to summary and detailed statistics at a ward, local authority, regional and national level. The Labour Market Profile for Gosport includes live datasets for resident population, employment and unemployment, economic inactivity, employment by occupation, qualifications, earnings by residence, out-of-work benefits, jobs and businesses.
Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA)
A review of the health and wellbeing needs of a population
- Hampshire JSNA 2017 including information specific to local authority areas
Local Economy Reports and Strategies
- Gosport Infrastructure Investment Plan (Solent Local Enterprise Partnership, February 2019)