The UK Transition – Changes ahead: Act now
The UK has left the EU, and the transition period after Brexit comes to an end this year. Take action now to get ready for new rules from January 2021. All information on the UK Transition can be found at www.gov.uk/transition.
Your business will have to make a number of changes to ensure continued flow of people, data, goods and services between the UK and the EU. The majority of these changes will take place regardless of the agreement we reach with the EU on our future relationship, because we will be leaving the single market and customs union.
- If you sell goods to the EU you must prepare for new customs procedures.
- If you travel to the EU for work purposes you will need to check if you need a visa or work permit and apply if necessary.
- If you employ overseas nationals you will need to prepare your business for the implementation of the new immigration system.
- If you are a UK business or organisation that receives personal data from contacts in the EEA, you may need to take extra steps to ensure that the data can continue to flow legally at the end of the transition period.
- If you provide services in the EU, you must ensure that your qualifications are now recognised by EU regulations to be able to practice or service clients in the EU.
Act now to prepare for the end of the transition period. Use the simple checker tool on GOV.UK/transition now for a personalised summary of the actions you need to take.
To receive email updates from the Department for Business Energy and Industrial Strategy sign up here.
Prepare to import goods from the EU to Great Britain from 1 January 2021
Prepare to export goods from Great Britain to the EU from 1 January 2021
Locally provided advice and support
Hampshire Chamber of Commerce
For companies who are already trading internationally and for those who are looking to grow their business overseas, the international trade team at Hampshire Chamber of Commerce is on hand and has a portfolio of services to assist your business to trade both easily and efficiently.
Located within Portsmouth International Port it offers HMRC authorised Custom Agency services, as well as freight forwarding.