Helping Gosport’s businesses to recruit, employ and train people
Gosport’s Employer Offer highlights the locally available advice, support and financial incentives to help your business recruit, employ and train people. Therefore it can help you reduce costs and grow your business too. It can also help you to raise your profile locally as an employer and deliver related corporate social responsibility activities.
Gosport’s Employer Offer is a promotional initiative by Gosport Borough Council and the Gosport Employment and Skills Partnership – a local network of employment support organisations and training providers delivering services to both residents and employers.
What’s on offer here in Gosport? Would you like help to:
- Raise your profile as a local employer
- Recruit apprentices and trainees
- Recruit new staff
- Try out potential employees and recruit people with the right skills
- Train and develop your workforce
Financial incentives to recruit and/or sustain jobs in the Solent region
In addition to the direct financial support for employing and developing staff e.g. whole or part funding of their training and the related incentives e.g. Apprenticeship Grant for Employers (£1,500); there is also significant grant funding (£5,000 to £500,000 and £1+ million) potentially available to help you recruit and/or safeguard jobs.
See the Funding to Recruit and Sustain Jobs section of Gosport’s Employer Offer to find out more about these grants if you are developing projects that create and/or sustain jobs.
Other Useful Links
For the latest information on employment rules, training opportunities and working practices, plus case study examples, see the following related links:
- Great Business – employment and skills is a Government campaign to provide support, advice and inspiration for growing your business
- GOV.UK – employing people is a portal for Government provided services and information
- ACAS provides free and impartial information and advice to employers and employees on all aspects of workplace relations and employment law. This includes online guides for new employers and small firms
- UK Commission for Employment and Skills – guidance for employers offering work experience is a publicly funded, industry-led organisation that offers guidance on skills and employment issues in the UK